Thursday, October 09, 2008

Life Just Ain't Fair

I just don't understand it. Do you ever wonder why some peoples' lives just seem to be so perfect? Do you wonder what they are doing to that you are not? Or is it that they are just blessed by God? Why can't I be one of those people?

I swear that sometimes, I just want to scream because NOTHING seems to go the way that I want it to. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try or what I do. No matter how much I plan. No matter how much I pray. No matter anything. I swear that NOTHING seems to go how I want it to go. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to do and sometimes feel like giving up and saying fuck it. But how do you give up on life? What the hell does that mean?

Sometimes, I want to just sail off to a deserted island and just be by myself where noone can bother me. Where I don't have to worry about bills, or a career, or relationships or anything.

Don't worry, i'm sure that this will pass soon enough. I just need a few days to get myself together.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Beana said...

i feel your pain sugaplum. I do indeed.

i could have written this post myself this morning.

8:08 AM, October 10, 2008  
Blogger houstonmacbro said...

Man, your thoughts echo mine at times. Except instead of sailing off somewhere I'd rather just wander off into the ocean. Not pretty.

Anyhow, hope you're feeling better.

Be well.

8:17 AM, October 10, 2008  
Blogger Joey Bahamas said...

Okay everyone...take a collective deep breath and think for a second! Among the mess of our lives there is always something to be thankful for...and honestly, most times things aren't as bad as they seem. Find the beauty in the trial and know that everything will be alright...Amen? Amen!

JB

11:31 AM, October 10, 2008  
Blogger C. Baptiste-Williams said...

no one has a perfect life regardless of how it may seem on the outside.

8:48 PM, October 10, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well my sweet southern comfort, it's because at times like these you have break out the juicer...I heard that somewhere...turn those lemon into lemonades. Let me just say that it sounds stupid, but the truth is that for all the injustices, heartaches and horror stories that I've suffered through, I'm here...and recognizing that through my mountain of bills, imperfect body, unfulfilling job, etc. I have every opportunity to recognize the good...I have a home to have bills in, I have a functional (somewhat pretty body) and I have a decent paying gig...it's a start...break out the fuckin' juicer...you have a beautiful home, a great ride, a job that allows you to travel and everyone - including me - sees you as one of the warmest and funniest guys we've met. Somehow bruh, it's time you see that you actually have it goin' on...just don't wait until you've wasted too much time NOT seein' it.
Keep passin' the open windows...

8:53 PM, October 10, 2008  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I definitely agree with you. But I also know there is always something to be thatnkful for. Yet sometimes I look at others and wonder why does everything just go according to plan for them. I was just telling my co-workers that everything I do or have I have to move a freakin mountain to get it (Usher) But anyway I feel you.

4:59 AM, October 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, gratitude is the word at times like these.

9:56 PM, October 13, 2008  
Blogger Secrets said...

I think everyone has felt this way at some point.

Watch "The Secret" or go to www.thesecret.tv

Our thought process dictates our future.

1:29 PM, October 17, 2008  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

let it out!

11:28 AM, October 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home