Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Something To Think About 10/17/06

After seeing this season of Noah's Arc, I have a question to pose. Should you date other people even though you have unresolved feeling for someone from your past?

I'll be the first to admit that I still have unresolved feelings for 2 of my ex-boyfriends, Dreads and VP. I still love both of them with pieces of my heart, but loving them doesn't get in the way of me dating other people. On the other hand, I have a friend who refuses to date anyone. He and his ex broke up 2 years ago and he has not dated since because he still loves the old boyfriend. It seems like he is putting his life on hold for a man that he is no longer with. But how long does it take to get someone out of your system?

Now, I do believe that when feelings are unresolved, as with Noah and Wade, people can get hurt. Both physically and emotionally. Notice that I said can, and didn't way will. The reason that Noah's Arc ended the way it did was because Noah and Wade couldn't control their lust (or love). If you can't RESOLVE feelings, then you should be able to CONTROL them. Am I right?

So, what do you all think? Should you continue to date even though you have feelings for a past love? Or should you not get involved with someone else until those feelings are resolved?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Hmmmmmmm that all kinda depends. You don't want to bring someone into your life at #2 relationship wise, but you can't wait forever....

I don't know....

7:21 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Captain that's a horrible analogy. And I should not even have to tell you why.

4:06 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

like ladynay said I don't think you can move on with someone new until you've resolved you feelings for your past love.

6:43 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I'm tired of thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:05 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home