Friday, October 13, 2006

Stop Asking That Damn Question!

If I hear one more person ask someone why they "chose to be gay" I am going to fall on the floor, bump my head, and slip into a coma. Or I may push the question asker down a flight of stairs so that he or she may bump his or her head and slip into a coma. Or I may just shake my head and sigh like I have always done.

I don't understand why straight people think that homosexuals chose to be attracted to the same sex. People, we did not chose to be homosexual. Whether you believe it or not, we don't have that choice to make. Did you make the choice to be heterosexual? I damn sure know that I didn't choose to be gay, but I am. But what I did chose was to live my life as I see fit in a manner that will make me happy. I am a gay man and there will be no attempts to be anything else.

And I hate it when people try to use religion to tell me that my "lifestyle" is wrong. I don't believe in religion. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it. You can tell me a million times that God hates fags and it doesn't matter. I don't believe what you believe and I don't believe in you!

And on the topic of gay marriage;if you don't want gay people to get married, don't marry one! How the hell is me marrying a man gonna affect your marriage? Prove to me that my marriage to a man will ruin the kids that we have!

I have had sex with men countless times (I DID NOT say with countless men) and nothing about it is disgusting. If it was, I wouldn't do it. And if you do think it's disgusting, that's your opinion. I think eating sushi and undercooked meat is disgusting!

And lastly, if there was not such a stigma attached to being gay, there would be no DL, in the closet, hiding, lying, and stealing away. People would not feel the need to hide what they did. Suicide would not be the leading cause of death for gay teenagers. Families would not feel ashamed to have gay relatives. People would not kick their children out of the house when they came out. There would be a lot less stress.

All I want is for people to stop hating gay people. We haven't done a damn thing to you to make you hate us. We are not trying to "recruit" your kids to be gay. We are not trying to "convert" you to "play for our team." All the fuck we want is to live our fucking lives!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

I can see where your coming from with this post. The only thing I will say is that there are actually some people out there that chose to be gay. As crazy as it may seem, it's true.

7:08 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Pamalicious said...

I feel where you are coming from but nowadays there are plenty of people who are 'choosing' to practice the gay lifestyle - starting in middle school. It seem that you black females have decided to partake. I see them at my daughters school and all about all hugged up - I strongly believe these children are not gay.

It seems that alot of black females have decided that they are now 'gay' because of disappointment in their hetrosexual relationships. that's a choice.

Didn't Cheryl Swoops say in the Advocate that she was now 'choosing' to be gay. This was not like a revelation of who she really was or anything.

I'm just saying in the climate we live in today - it almost is a valid question. I have never asked a person if they chose to be gay - but I will shake my head like at my sista - I tell her daily she is not a lesbian she is an opportunist - there's a big difference, lol

9:03 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

Who pissed you off..lol. I feel you though.

9:42 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Hmmm - I think it is a matter of choice. Interesting thought though...

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

10:18 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home