Sunday, October 08, 2006

What Would You Do?

So i'm back from Hawaii, but still have the damn flu? I do feel better, but can't stop coughing and it's getting on my nerves.

But anyway, I have been seeing Shorty for 2 months now and have come to the realization that he is not the man that I want in my life. Thus, I have become disinterested in him. The problem here is that I haven't told him. I have always been completely honest with the people that I have dated and don't mind breaking up with people. But this time, I truly know that if I broke up with him, it would hurt him. I don't want to do that. Usually it's not a problem breaking up with someone because there always seems to be some looming issue such as him being full of shit. But Shorty isn't like that. Don't get me wrong, there are a bunch of things that I don't like about him.

So for the last 2 weeks, I have been doing the typical man thing. I haven't been calling him as much. I haven't been texting him as much. I haven't been all that attentive to him. Mind you that, HE hardly ever calls ME before, (I called him 8 of the 10 times that we talked) so I don't think that he has noticed.

I have thought that he and I could just continue to date and see what happens, but I know that that isn't gonna work for me. I think that other problem is that I don't have the mental of physical energy to date anymore. I'm just fatigued. But I at least need to muster up the energy to tell Shorty that he ain't what I want.

How do you just tell someone that they are not what you want?

9 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

I say just be honest and tell him the feelings aren't there. I respect that more than a line.

11:21 PM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Is Shorty way you're Misty Blue? It'll hurt him but he'll come to appreciate that you told him.

Do you think if he came around and was more attentive that you'd be interested still?

8:16 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger E said...

That third word should be "why". I can't type...*LOL*.

8:16 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

Do not string that Lil (no pun intended..ok maybe) dude along, just tell him "You are just not that in to him." He is probably stronger than u think, just don't be an ass about it when u do tell him.

8:45 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I you all that I will tell him as soon as I feel up to it. And nah E, he was not eh inspiration behind Misty Blue. Someone from a longgggggg time ago was on my mind.

8:53 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger TBone said...

Well my guy the best thing for you to do is to be upfront, direct, and honest. What I find that works for me is the reflection method. The "it's not you, it's me" deal. Because no one likes rejection or to be made to feel less than. Becasue I'm sure you don't want it to be drama filled. So be tactfull but direct.

1:39 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

u have to just tell him ... tis all!

1:25 PM, October 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude I have been reading your blog a minute now...and i got to tell you...i really dont think you have alot of room to be so picky...i could see if you looked like somethin, but c'mon man...

11:06 AM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know the answer to this one as well.

12:54 PM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home