Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's That Time Of Year




A few years ago, I realized that I don’t celebrate holidays the way that most people do. They are just days like any other. But to me, my birthday is special, if only TO me. And on March 4th of the year of 2006 I will be turning 28 years of age. There were a few times when I thought that I wouldn’t make it to the day that I celebrate now. So, a few years ago, I decided to start truly celebrating my birthday each year.

In 2004, I decided that I wanted a car. I HAD good credit back then, so it was entirely possible to get one with a reasonable interest rate. I had narrowed down my requirements and they were, 2000 model year or above, 50,000 miles or less, $25,000 or less and BLUE. The car could be either a Jaguar S-Type, Lincoln LS, Acura RL, or what I had then, a Nissan Maxima. After searching and considering for a few weeks, I decided to get another Maxima because I had already had 2 others and an Altima in the past. So, I bought a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE and i still love it. Although birthday 2007 will welcome that Jag or maybe a house into my life.

In 2005 I decided to take a trip somewhere. I was talking to one of my friends about somewhere to go and he brought up New York City. I had been a few times, but it was always on business and I was always by myself. This time, I wanted to go with a few friends. So I called a few people that I hadn't seen in a while and told them that I was going. By the time the trip occured, 12 people were on board to go. It was sort of a college reunion since most of us went to college together. We did the typical NYC things like shopping and eating and clubbing and I had a really good time in NYC. And no, I didn't get those "I want to live here" feelings. Especially since I got attacked by rats and drinks were $13 dollars at Krash!

So this year, I was trying to think of something else to do or go for my birthday. While thinking, I had an "AHA" moment (thanks Oprah). Why not go back to NYC????????????????? I had such a good time last year that I want to go back. And that's what I am gonna do. So I called a few of the people that went last year and they all want to go. Apparently, they all want to make it a yearly thing that we all take a trip together. Come to think of it, that is how Memorial Day Weekend became so big in Puerto Rico. Some friends started going annually and inviting more and more people each year. We may be starting something here.
So, on March 3rd, I will be landing at Newark Liberty International Airport for my 3 days in NYC. As of now, we have reservations at the
Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel. Anybody got any info on it? Also, all of my friends are staying for Friday and Saturday nights. I have to be different and stay Friday-Sunday nights. So if any of you NYC, NJ, or CT bloggers want to take me out on Sunday, let a brotha know what’s up.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

Alright for the NYC trip! That's where I'm trying to go for my 25th!

4:19 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

so excited for you .. don't forget my big day is coming up and we have a full three days of fun-filled excitement ...

just had to plug my own shyt ...

6:55 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

Well, happy birthday when it comes.
Sounds like you really plan, and have a lot of fun.
Cheers!
JV

10:17 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Soldier said...

ok... wow i've been away for decades ! first blog i visit since i dunno when, lol... i'm a lil' lost and i kinda forgot my password but uh...
The New Yorker is ok, it's a tourist hotel, usually the higher you are, the better your room (and also the view) can be. It's clean and it has a gym and a 24/7 "restaurant". The location is cool too. There shouldn't be any problem

1:35 AM, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my. All you good looking men are traveling together?

Oooooh!

11:55 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

Im coming wit ya'll next time!

8:57 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Stone said...

We will see what we can do for you when you get there. Would be nice to meet with you

11:43 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger E said...

Wow....sounds like you are starting a nice tradition there. I would definitely shoot for a house as well. I've been living in mine for over 5 years and it's definitely my best investment.

9:37 AM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger That Girl said...

AH MAN! COOL!

1:44 PM, January 20, 2006  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

OH yea, we can just put Seven in charge of this...he'll round up all the folks and we can have a great time together!

Coming Into REality,
-Jamal

2:57 PM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home