Sunday, November 13, 2005

Maybe 2

When I got back to Atlanta last Sunday, I had planned on spending the evening with VP. That was the plan, but my flight didn't get in until 11:30pm because I couldn't get an earlier flight from whack ass Albuquerque. Needless to say, I took a cab home and went to bed (after 22 days on the road, I was tired as hell).

The next morning, he called me at like 7am just to say good morning. It woke me up from my planned 12 hour nap, but I thought that it was sweet of him. He asked me if I would come over to his house after he left work, to which I agreed. He had planned to leave work at 6pm, but didn't actually leave till 8pm. By that time I was into my Monday night UPN shows and wasn't gonna leave the house till 10pm. But when they were over, I high-tailed it the 25 miles to his house.

When I got there, we just talked and let the TV watch us. We were both yawning, so he asked me to stay the night, to which I agreed. We got in the bed and watched The Golden Girls (I have got to get the DVDs) for a while and then turned the TV off to go to sleep. He fell right asleep, but I could not fall asleep: even with him with his arms around me I was still wide awake. There were two reasons for this. The first is that I was violating my rule of not staying over within the first month (it had been 2 weeks) and the second is that I was trying to sleep in my clothes (which I never do). About 4 am, I just went ahead and took my clothes off and fell right asleep. About 6am I felt something wet on my ass. VP was going to town licking my booty and I didn't mind. That's just one of the few ways that I like to be awakened. We ended up having sex, violating another rule not to have sex within the first 30 days. It was some pretty good moan-scream-groan sex where it just feels good to you all over your body. After we took a shower, he got his sons up and took them to school. I stayed in the bed until he got back and got ready for work. I then left to take myself back to where I pay rent. I spent the day tying up loose ends like paying bills and running errands.

That evening when he got off, he called and asked me if I was gonna come and see him and of course I said yes. When I got there, he was showing one of his friends something on the computer so I just sat and watched TV until they finished. The friend kept giving me the eye to which I played stupid (was this some kind of test?) . After the friend left, VP and I retired to the bedroom because it was almost midnight. I gave him a little special attention and he fell right on asleep as did I. When we awoke the next morning, he got the boys ready and told me to stay and in bed and lock the door when I left, but I left when they did cause I had things to do that day.

Wednesday we talked a few times while he was at work and I went out shopping for a new bookcase for my living room. He was pretty busy at work, but he did take the time to call me. I was impressed. I don't know how he works 12 hours a day and takes care of kids, so of course I don't mind going over to his house all of the time. To which I did, again. This time, things were no different. We watched TV and talked and then had sex and went to bed.

Thursday night, I knew that I would not spend the night with him because I had a 6:40am flight and would not want to wake him up at 4am when I awakened.

Now 4 days, we haven't done anything outside of the house, so I am wondering if this is his life (at least on the weekdays). I also started thinking about the fact that he has already started his family and how would I integrate myself into that if he and I were to get together. I also thought about the fact that he seems reluctant to talk about himself. He will talk about politics, love, sports, and work, but not about him.

I feel optimistic about him, but I still have my eyes open. He has already helped me to break 2 of my rules and he doesn't have a lot of time to spend with me (as if I have time for anyone myself). And he snores. But on the other hand, he doesn't mind that I travel frequently or that I am broke. It'll be hard, but I am gonna take this one one day at a time. I just hope that i'm not posting next week how it didn't work out for some reason or another. That always seems to happen with the ones that I am really into.

9 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Yeah I feel you on your concerns. And it's usually the ones you really, really like that wind up disappointing you big time.

Heh...to his friend giving you the eye. Was he hoping that you were going to give him play and a reason for VP to dump you?

As far as the kids, what is the custody situation, if I'm not dipping. The only reason I ask is that kids take a lot out of you and if he has them the majority of the time, I probably wouldn't worry too much about him straying. But I'm probably talking out of my ass...*LOL*.

Definitely be cautious and as hard as it is to do, try not to like him too much just yet. It'll make it a tiny bit easier to get over him if he winds up being a jerk.

7:27 PM, November 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't set yourself up like that, you seem to already know that it won't work out, and don't be so quick to jump the gun on integrating yourself into his family it will happen if its supposed to happen. Also, as far as have him talk about himself, from what I am reading he already is telling you about himself, just because the physical part relationship is happening quickly doesn't mean the intimacy is progressing at the same rate. Give it time.

3:10 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel you on your concerns and all, but you are trying to be controlling again and you know it.

did you not say you were going to just enjoy it and let it take its course?

then do that!

10:32 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

i understand that you may be apprehensive about VP... but go with the flow and see what happens.. as long as he isn't treating you bad.. you deserves someone who is understanding... you never know, he may turn out to be someone special.. keep on pushin

11:08 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

I unbderstand where you coming from. But maybe there is some potential there.

So what, you broke your rules and gave in...if it was good...then more power too you.

I am always so scared to open up my heart and allow the opportunity for love to come through...can you imagine what you could miss out on if you do that.

Give the guy a shot..if it is meant to be, the kids will not be an issue. You will work it out.

But be cautious...but no so much that you miss out on what could be a great guy...now, I am going to feel really bad if I read next week that he is an ass...lol.

4:29 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

I"m back!!!!!

All I can say is...just be careful and give him a chance. Who knows what might become of this.

I'm out...peace!

5:52 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger N4R said...

Yo call me nosey (as bloggers aren't we all) but I don't think youa r emotionally attached to this dude. I feel like you interested in him for what he represents and not who he is. Especially if he is unwilling to reveal things about himself himself. How do you even get to know him? With that being said, I think you need to just play the part in the roles y'all established and go with the flow while not expecting too much from him. (talk about run on sentence but you get my drift)

So I say don't press it and make sure you keep your eyes open WIDE! Pay attention to everything...

7:22 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

I'm wondering if what 4real4real said is true...sometimes we think we like someone so much because we like how things look on the outside. Maybe he is good looking, and a hard worker, very successful and they just look like they have things together. So that makes us start to think "hmm this is the kind of person I could see me starting something with", but as time goes on you start to find flaws and you start to second guess yourself. Things like that can happen when it seems like things happened so fast.

Don't try to be a control freak, but I do encourage you to look out for signs that he may not be all he is cracked up to be...by the way what's up with that "friend" of his? That might be worth investigating a little further.

1:27 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Clay said...

seems like there are some signs, but as my girl Janis said -- get it while you can! do it till it dont feel good no more !

5:17 PM, November 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home