Thursday, October 27, 2005

I Want What They Have

I was watching one of my favorite shows last night. It was an episode of Sex and the City where there was a bunch of drama as usual. I know that this show is about what goes on in their lives, but this was the first time that I realized something that I really didn't pay attention to. And this is afte watching the show for the last 5 years. These ladies are true friends. Friends in the truest sense of the word. They trust each other with secrets. They are there for each other whenever one of them is in need. There are no two of them that are better friends than they are with the rest (well maybe a little). They do everything together. They are truthful and honest with each other at all times. They don't use each other for selfish reasons. And most importantly, they are ALWAYS there to support each other.

I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE. I had a thought the other day that there is only one "friend" in my life who jumps when I say "I need." Who would be there in a flash if something happened to me. Who knows members of my family and I his(and has their phone numbers). Who I can tell something and not let it get all aroung the world. Who knows what I am thinking and how my mind works. Who knows not to leave a glass sitting on my coffee table.

I think that it is something rare that you can have a group of people that all are friends. Too many times, I have had to introduce my friends to other friends. Friends that I have had for years that have never met or that I hardly talk about to other friends. I want that circle of friends that trust each other. Where I can be assured that none of them would do anything that would affect another negatively. And if they did, we would be able to talk about it and get over it. I want that circle of friends where we share responsibilities for get togethers and talk about relevant issues. Where if one of us doesn't have any money, the others pay their way

I had this circle of friends when I was in college and those were the best times of my life. But we all moved away after college to differenct cities and don't keep in touch as often as we should. I miss those times something terrible. I want them back!

11 Comments:

Blogger Blush said...

oh my god. yes. i've been watching alot of sex and the city lately, and almost every episode makes me want to cry because of their friendship. i want it to.

12:10 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

i feel ya man ... same here. i have friends who have had friends for years even before college and they are still really close.

i am not close to anyone like that and somtimes i wonder why that is.

maybe as i get older and move further into life it will be that way, but for now its not ...

9:53 AM, October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My college friends were and still are some of the best friends I have ever had. But now, living in NYC, I have a ton of acquaintances, but few real friends.

10:37 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

i was just talking about the friendships shared on that show to a future blogger... i long for the same thing, a group of people to hang and share with..

in college my clique was off the chain, unfortunately no one lives close by, but when ever we do get together it's like we never parted ways... i miss them!

11:56 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger lj said...

Don't we all

12:06 AM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger Soldier said...

I think a group is not something you " create ". It just happens ! So until then i like peoople separately...
To me, it's the experiences you face as a group that strenghten your bond, so right now i have a circle of good buddies and i really see us being good friends for a while because we complete each other : there's the dude who always wants to know and discover everything, the crazy poet, the spoiled one that nobody understands, the calm-smart-polite-traditional one and me, the man who " keeps it rewl " lol, dont sugarcoat anything and try to educate people on being more practical and less emotional...
We'll see what it becomes in a few years !

12:40 AM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger No_the_game said...

Awwww, this posting is so nice. I always wanted to have friends but it ends up something shitty. So I do not look or search friends. I do have two people in my life I trust. I am happy with that.

I will be checking you back again

10:33 AM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

Don't we all want that? I only have one REAL friend.

12:25 PM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger E said...

If you have one real friend, then that's a true blessing. I have about three good friends.

7:50 PM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

I know so many people, but I can't say many of them are good friends/real friends. I'm really fortunate for the friends that I do have. I'm glad to say that I've got more than a few people that I can trust (some of them I've known since middle and high school). A good friend, one that stays true till the end is so very hard to find. As I'm finishing up my masters, I do hope that those who've become good friends while in college remain good friends in the future. Like E said, good friends are truly a blessing.

3:26 AM, October 31, 2005  
Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

Seems like the consensus is we all want that circle. It's ironic that two of those ladies really hated each other.

7:17 AM, October 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home