Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Update 7/8/08

What up people? A brotha has been working like a fool. Now that I have a part-time job, i'm working just about everyday.

1. CC and I are doing well. I haven't fallen all up in love yet, but I think i'm getting there. We were discussing getting a dog together (to be kept at his place) but we decided to hold off on that until we have made a actual committment to each other.

2. I was voted Team Member of the Quarter for April-June. Ya'll couldn't imagine how shocked I was yesterday when I got the email informing me. I never thought that my co-workers thought that highly of me. And now, it makes me want to work even harder at my job. We get a $150 Amex Gift Card and another item valued at $150. I chose a digital camera since mine is so old.

3. I have 2 vehicles now. When my brother and his family moved to Guam, he left his Explorer with my nephew with the stipulation that he can keep it as long as he stayed in college. Well, he decided to drop out last semester so my brother took the truck back. Since he can't ship it to Guam, he told me to just keep it until he decides what to do with it. If he decides to sell it, i'll buy it.

4. My trip to Barbados was cool. It was a lot of work, but I did get to go see just a little bit of the island and I was able to go to the beach. I haven't been in sea water in 12 years, but now I want to go more often. The hotel had a barbeque for the 4th of July and we all got a little inebriated and had a fun acting like little kids in the water. This was the only trip I have had so far where I trul y didn't want to leave. And I have to tell you that there are some sexy men AND women down there!!!

5. As mentioned earlier, I have a part-time job that I work when i'm not traveling. It's cool because this time, i'm not just there on call. I'm actually on the schedule. This time, i'm taking
50% of what I make there and putting it into my savings account. I plan on taking the other 50% and adding it to what I now pay each month in debt payments. Maybe I can pay my car off early.

That's all for now. I'll have a real post soon. I have a follow up on the Excedrin RT post from last month.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

well at least you got a chance to have some fun on the island. I love barbados!

2:52 PM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger Chet said...

Pleased to hear that your business trip was productive and fun. I agree the men and the women are very sexy on most of the Islands.

Kudos to you on a job well done, and being voted Team Member of the Quarter.

Two vehicles and a part time job you have your hands full. I am also pleased to hear that things are working out for you and CC; by all means get the puppy/dog it will be good for all parties involved.

5:23 PM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

Since you haven't made a commitment to CC yet, does that mean you took advatage of some of that sexy Barbados men, you mentioned. I mean you didn't do what I said when you were in Venezuela, so maybe you made up for it in Barbados. I'm not talking about anything serious, just a little slap and tickling, a little hide the wet pickle...you know what I'm saying.

Be ups on you knocking t hay credit debt out, you have come a long way, from hiding from your credit card bills...I feel like I want to cry. Aaaaahhhh

12:20 AM, July 09, 2008  
Blogger TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

THat was suppose to be BIG UPS, i'm sleepy sorry!

12:21 AM, July 09, 2008  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

I am so happy that you were able to get in a vacation, a treat for working so hard. I love that you are focused on saving and paying down bills and not creating new ones. Keep going man!!

7:30 PM, July 09, 2008  
Blogger E said...

Welcome back from Barbados. Congrats on winning team member of the quarter. It sounds like you're doing the smart thing with the money from your part-time job as well. I look forward to your next post.

12:05 AM, July 10, 2008  
Blogger Ladynay said...

You go team member of the quarter!

7:38 AM, July 10, 2008  
Blogger Xem VanAdams said...

Congratulations on the Accolades and recognition from Your Co-Workers. It feels GOOD when we are Honored for ALL the Small and Large Contributions that we make to our companies.
What does Your Part-Time include?

10:31 AM, July 10, 2008  
Blogger The Pew View said...

Hey baby,

so you went down to barbados? I've always wanted to go there. I wonder if the main county road here will get me down there safely. I guess I should look it up on map question.

With Love,
Mrs. Mabel

1:09 PM, July 10, 2008  
Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

Damn Barbados does sound nice maybe i should make that my next vacation.

4:49 PM, July 10, 2008  
Blogger Corey Keith said...

When did you get back to tha ATL?

11:06 AM, July 12, 2008  
Blogger Q said...

Congrats on the recognition, and take some time to relax...you have been busy I see.

9:51 AM, July 14, 2008  
Blogger Promiscuous X said...

Dats wat im alking bout man dam you on ya grind and Congrats on everything man. I swear if I dont go on vacation b4 the summer is over ima scream lol. I peepd the pics from the vacation them shits is fire werd up.

11:46 AM, July 14, 2008  
Blogger fuzzy said...

congrats of employee of the quarter! congrats on the p/t job, congrats on payin bills off early, congrats on the potential new car!

This is the third blog saying they would do a real post later! what does this post qualify as? lol and that Excedrin RT was freakin hilarious! Please follow up on that! hahaha

12:46 PM, July 14, 2008  
Blogger That Girl said...

OMG...you went to Barbados. I am so jealous. What's up with the two jobs? Congrats on the work award.

10:58 AM, July 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home