Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I Wasn't Going To Do This, But...

...I just wanted to let it out that I have been seeing someone for the past 3 weeks. There is nothing really to report and i'm just going to take it as it goes.

This is finally one I didn't meet on the internet. We actually met through a mutual friend over a year ago and there was an attraction from the beginning. We've flirted with each other, but never went any further than that. But about 3 weeks ago, while having brunch with my crew at my apartment, I asked him on a date. The date included dinner and a movie and he was great company.

Over these last few weeks, we have been having a lot of talks about different subject including money, goals, sex, family and a few others. I initiated the talks where we have a different conversation and focus only on that subject. It's a great way to guage his conversation skills and to learn more about him. It's funny that we agree on a lot of things about life and how we want to live.

The one thing that we have not done is have sex. And that won't be happening for a while. Why? Because I decided to wait to have sex this time. I'm not putting a time limit on it, but it'll been when I'm comfortable and he says that he understands and can wait. Sex complicates shit and i'm trying to keep things simple.

So far things have been nice. We aren't a perfect match, but do perfect matches even exist? Like I said, i'll just keep it simple and see what happens.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger yet another black guy said...

YAY FOR YOU!!! congrats and good luck brotha :)

12:38 AM, April 03, 2008  
Blogger j_shanlin said...

yaaaay for dinner/movie dates and new boys! Cheers!

9:42 AM, April 03, 2008  
Blogger TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

I'm glad for you as well, I'm aslo proud.It's always nice to see someone who can hold off on not having. Your right sex complicates things, however on the other hand it can clear up a bunch of things, that you just didn't know.

I can't wait for the day I can really talk to someone, or develop any kind of romatic or sexual relationship with a guy, before I actually have sex, with them. I hope you can be an example for me!

1:27 PM, April 03, 2008  
Blogger E said...

You're taking the right approach...slow and cautious. Sex does tend to make things harder but like youngblack&dl says, it can clear things up too. I know if I want to get rid of a guy fast, the quickest way to do it is to have sex with them...*LOL*.

Hemingway I held out with Rock for almost four months (even though we did everything else under the sun short of it...*LOL*) and aside from our issues (and yeah, there is no such thing as a perfect match), we're still hanging on for the moment.

Good luck with the new relationship and as always, keep us posted.

3:17 PM, April 03, 2008  
Blogger Ladynay said...

You wasn't gonna share this tid bit? SHAME! LOL!

7:01 PM, April 03, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - no limit on sex. That's great. It will get you so far and you'll really realize that sex can be great...or it can fuck up some shit if it's done too soon. Congrats on this.

12:29 PM, April 04, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! This is great news! Now remember, we want all the dirty details in two weeks in person, so be sure to throw the legs up and do a "V" for victory before coming down to Baltimore....LOL...a video would be nice ;)

1:06 PM, April 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cocoa is a hot mess. "Do a 'V' for Victory..." I LOVE IT!!! And yes, a video would be nice.

4:26 PM, April 04, 2008  
Blogger WhozHe said...

You are so right, sex does complicate things if it happens early in a relationship. Take your time and enjoy, like you said keep it simple. Good luck.

6:11 PM, April 04, 2008  
Blogger Chet said...

Three weeks and now you decide to mention it? Seriously I am pleased to hear that you have met that someone special or at least a good companionship, after all it is Spring and you know what is in the air (that four letter word beginning with an L).

Hope that all works well and that you will have some juicy details to share in the very near future.

10:14 AM, April 07, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

3 weeks?? Give up the goods already.

10:39 AM, April 08, 2008  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Do a V for Victory - LMAO! Cocoa Rican is a trip. I have to agree with you about this. Keeping things simple. Taking it slow, exercising caution are a must. Nowadays, people are so quick to hit the sack that they really don't get the opportunity to know, truly know who they dealing with. The relationship should be based on friendship first. It needs some kind of foundation that you can build upon. Moving too fast can mess everything up (as I've learned). I'm happy for you though. Good luck!

Have a good weekend!

6:23 AM, April 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home