Friday, October 07, 2005

Why Wait?

Aight. I broke my promise to abstain from sex. After my day yesterday, I needed a tune-up and regularly scheduled maintenance. I must have my body serviced at least once a month. It had been exactly a month since my last sexual encounter.

I know you all are like "damn you ain't even try." But I had to really ask myself what the hell I was trying to hold out for. Even though the sex that I had been having hasn't been great, it hadn't been "bad." Also, I always practice safe sex. And I was so horny, I could have climbed a mountain (does anybody else get like that?).

But I also got to thinking about something. Do we put too much power into the meaning and purpose of sex.? I think that some of us do. I for one don't because sex to me is not emotional, it's physical. I have never put emotions into sex. I can have sex with someone and have no feelings for them. But some of my friends say that they must have some sort of emotional connection with a person in order to have sex with them. They can have at it!

What do you all think about this?


P.S. If you all want to hear about my encounter last night, let me know. I have to ask first because I can be a bit graphic.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sex without an emotional connection isn't nearly as good as masturbation frankly. At least jerking off I know I'm with somebody who loves me.

10:05 AM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger EJ Flavors said...

Speak your mind about last night only if you want to. It's up to you. From what I've read in your blog, I have to ask if you believe you divorce your emotions from the sexual acts to ensure you don't get hurt- that any emotional connection with a person would put you at risk. I know that I've been through that in the past.

10:48 AM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger E said...

I think I'm able to separate emotion from sex to a degree. I think for me part of it is that I don't want to be disappointed. I have exceptions where I didn't separate it and it wound up biting me in the ass.

Graphic and silent sex, huh? I peeped that from your comments on sexandthe2ndcity. Feel free to share if you want.

12:06 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Blush said...

i vowed long ago not to have sex without intimacy long ago. this means that i have been celibate for 18 months. c'est la vie. for me, i dont get off without intimacy, and its usually just a waste of time, for me anyway. but maybe that has something to do with me being female. its always interesting to hear a male perspective on sex.

2:09 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Sex isn't really emotional. Sex is physical. LOVE is emotional.

And hell yeah I wanna know what had happened!!!

2:11 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

Heck...enjoy yourself...

7:44 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger lj said...

Can you have sex with no emotional attachment sure..I just find that it's not quite as good. You know we want to hear about that sex.

12:17 AM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Ladynay said...

St8 physical sex AKA a f**k, has it's place but it's not nearly fulfilling as sex with emotional ties.

And please, be as graphic at you like :-P

6:41 AM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

fool!

i have heard a good portion of the story so i am good without anything more.

and yes you are right we do give sex too much power, something i have realized about myself!

but this one here ... " I could have climbed a mountain (does anybody else get like that?)." HELL NAW!

you a fool!

9:06 AM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger N4R said...

I am new to commenting on your blog but I want to hear about your experience too. Especially after the drama of abstaining. If it ended that promise for yourself you have to share the details. No emotions may have been attached but it may make for an interesting story.

I am with you people do put too much power in the meaning and purose of sex. If you aren't a relationship - who cares! As long as you are being safe. Get one in for as well.

10:31 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

share the story, it might do you some good and give me some "fodder."

11:19 AM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home