Monday, September 12, 2005

Something I Never See

Since I moved back to Atlanta, there is something that I have noticed. There are hardly any Black, Gay, Male, Couples. I see white couples, asian couples, and latino couples, but hardly any Black couples. And when I do see a black man in what appears to be a relationship, he's with someone of another race. I have no problem with that, but I would like to see some black-on-black couples.

What the hell is the deal? Can we not sustain healthy stable relationships? I have seen my share of white couples who have a house, kids, and a life together, but no Black couples with these things. In fact, I only know of 2 black couples that have a life together. One of those couples live in DC and the other couple lives in Chicago. Not in Atlanta.

I am a stouch supporter of love and relationships, but I swear that my faith is beginning to wain. I wonder if there is any hope for me to find a Black, Homosexual man that wants to actually have a life with me, a Black, Homosexual Man? I'm not rushing it, but just wondering if it will ever happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger lymeq said...

is it that hard to find,maybe u just can;t see them.=)

12:03 AM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger That Girl said...

It will happen, hang in there. I agree they may not be visible.

12:00 PM, September 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Mike said.

I have been in a relationship for more than six years now and i know a lot of other BGM couples (Mike and his partner among them). A few of them that i know have ten-plus years and counting.

I think the question of visibility is important, though. I know these couples exist because i'm one of them and i've been around for awhile, so i know who's who. But i do think that we (the couples) bear some responsibility to show our communities, our brothers, that such relationships are possible and can work, if that's what they want.

Of course, there's that question of whether or not it's really what they want ...

12:35 PM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger EJ Flavors said...

I probably would have said more, but I think Malik and Mike have pretty much echoed my sentiments, especially since Mike is my partner and I've been friends with Malik for more than 10 years.

1:14 PM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home