Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update 12/21/08

Hey people!!! I know I haven't been blogging as much lately, but I promise to do so more often. I have been doing so much and working a lot, so I don't have a lot of time. But then again, sitting in from of the TV watching Sunday Football is a good time to blog. So here are some updates on what's going on with me.

1. I gotta mention the new ride. I am loving it so far. I have features in the Infiniti that I didn't have in the Maxima. I now have heated leather seats, a 6 disc in dash CD changer, Xenon lights, and just the aura of having luxury brand.

2. I am not dating anyone. I was for about a month, but I just wasn't feeling him as much as I could. I felt like because he was a nice dude, I could force myself to like him and in hopes that we could be couple. I quickly realized that wasn't gonna happen.

3. I am trying to date though. But dudes don't know what a date is. I've met 2 dudes in the last 2 weeks that thought that a date meant that the night would end with sex. If we don't discuss sex beforehand, it's not going to happen. It just isn't gonna happen the first time we go out. I'll do it when I feel comfortable doing so.

4. My job is consuming a lot of my time since my unofficial promotion. In addition to my regular duties, I am also taking support calls. But the work is satisfying. I spent 3 hours Friday on the phone with one of our team members solving a problem that was solved my moving a decimal point. It felt good to fix an issue that people with more seniority couldn't figure out!!!!

5. I have been in the best mood that I have been in in years. I guess it does take something traumatic for you to realize that you can't just exist, you have to make life happen. I keep a positive attitude now as much as I can. I smile whenever possible. And I try to be as courteous as possible to other people. It's made a world of difference.

6. I went Christmas shopping this year. I bought gifts for my brother and sister-in-law, my nephew, and my best friend. This is big for me because I haven't bought Christmas gifts in years. Since I have a lil cash to spend, I may go out and buy a few more gifts. I know that this isn't what the season is all about, but it's just something that I wanted to do.

7. I'm going to be in New York City for New Years. It's for work, but just the fact that I get to be there is exciting. I am most definitely going to be in Times Square to see the ball drop!!!! And hopefully i'll get to hang out with some friends and bloggers while there.

8. I can't get it out of my head that I want a boyfriend. I want someone that I can talk to on a daily basis and see when I get home. I just want to feel something for someone. I just haven't met any quality dudes that I want to actually have something with.

9. I got together with my friends last night to play cards and have a good time. I had to sit back for a minute and think about how lucky I was to have friends that I love and who love me. Not everyone can say that.

10. I've started going back to the gym. I'm not going to say that this time will be any different time than the other hundred times i've started going. But this time, I know that I have to go because I need to lower my blood pressure. The medication isn't doing anything and i'm tired of switching medications every year. I'm going to try exercise for 3 months and if that doesn't work, i'm going to get a new doctor that treat hypertension instead of just medicating it.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger John the Scribe said...

Dahlin, what are you doing with high blood pressure? If it isn't hereditary, exercise and diet modification may do the trick. With respect to your rationale for not dating, I feel you. I just blogged about that. If you're not willing to give up the goods, the dudes move on to someone who will. Keep the faith, don't lower your standards, and stay strong.

5:52 PM, December 21, 2008  
Blogger Joey Bahamas said...

"I have been in the best mood that I have been in in years. I guess it does take something traumatic for you to realize that you can't just exist, you have to make life happen. I keep a positive attitude now as much as I can. I smile whenever possible. And I try to be as courteous as possible to other people. It's made a world of difference."- I loved that. I think perspective is so important. It's such a struggle to keep it positive but if we work at it life may actually not be such a bad thing! Luv!!

JB

8:44 AM, December 22, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice to have you back...don't be such a stranger

1:45 PM, December 22, 2008  
Blogger bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

I can barely stand Times Square when I pass thru it back and for to work. New Years Eve tho...? You can have that ma dude.

Stay happy.

~Damnit!

3:12 PM, December 22, 2008  
Blogger WhozHe said...

Congrats on the new car and the positive attitude.

4:30 PM, December 22, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Great updates!

Alright for the car and I'm glad you're in agood place right now...stay there!

9:26 PM, December 22, 2008  
Blogger Kyon Saucier said...

Thanks for the updates luv good to know life is treating you well.

7:33 PM, December 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be that the solution to your high blood pressure issue is related more to your diet. Most people hear that they need to eat better and use less salt. Well, it's a bit more detailed than that.

Eating 'better' won't help you, but eating organic food will. This is because 'conventional' foods are laced with so many chemicals from the fertilizer to pesticides, colors and additives. Many of the 'processes' conventional foods go through requires the use of 'sodium'.

This information is not required to be on the product label, since it's not an 'ingredient' of a certain measure in the product.

Also, only use sea salt and never table salt, which is better suited for cleaning. As for water, skip the 'filtered' water unless it's 'reverse osmosis' because the chlorine and other chemicals in tap water, along with the prescription drug residue from estrogen pills, depression drugs that actually cause depression, to antibiotics, create low level side effects and many 'unknown' symptoms.

Best bet is to buy 'spring' water to drink and cook with.

Give that a try for at least one month, and you will notice a marked improvement in your blood pressure levels, along with an increase in your energy levels . Wishing You Wellness.

6:23 PM, December 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home