1. Why I am I sooooo happy that football season is upon us? And why do none of my friends like football. I swear that I am the only gay black man that likes the game. Seeing some of the sexiest men on the planet in tights and helmets should be enough for any gay man or any woman to want to watch.
2. Why have I gained 10 more pounds than I intended? It's because I have been eating whatever I want and haven't been to the gym that I am still paying for in 4 months. I now weigh just under 200lbs. Guess where I will be going when I get home tomorrow? Bally's Northlake!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Why do I keep putting off going back to school? It's because law school is expensive as hell. I was looking at the University of South Carolina law school where tuition is $16800 PER SEMESTER! And it's not just tuition. Most schools don't allow first year students to work any amount of hours. Unless I find a rich husband, I can't afford that. By the time I graduate, I will have probably 120K in student loans! I'll never be able to pay that off and live comfortably. Until I am debt free or debt low, I am just gonna put off school. Or at least until I get rid of the fear of flunking out my first year.
4. Why did it take me so long to realize that in order for a relationship to work, you have to just let go of the small things? When Hollywood does something that annoys me *like pissing with the bathroom door open*
I just let it go. Since I have dialed back on the bitchiness, things have been going well. But he IS gonna have to clean up behing himself when he is at my house!
5. Why does money *the lack or scarcity off*
seem to be the bain of most peoples' existence? I swear that there never seems to be enough no matter how hard you work. I'm not broke, but I can never seem to have enough. Will I ever be in a position to just spend all willy-nilly and not have to worry about bills? Where is that damn lottery ticket?
6. Why am I reevaluating my goals and aspirations from my New Years initiatives
? I have been drinking less. I have been going off on people a little less. I have not found another job because I haven't been actively looking. I have been taking time for myself. I am not spending less. I have not been getting my body together. I have only met one other Atlanta blogger
this year. I have been a little happier. I need to get it together.
7. Why do I have is almost every link in my internet favorites to a blog? It's because I enjoy reading them and think that I am addicted. I love reading about other peoples' lives. I might not always comment because I don't have anything to say, but you can bet your life that I'm reading.
8. Why is there a dude who likes me that makes me want to drop Hollywood sometimes? Dude just has that winning personality and an infectious smile that make me smile everytime he winks his eye at me. I would avoid him, but he is a friend of a friend. Whenever I see that friend, dude is always with him. Hollywood better hurry up and commit!!!!!!!!!!
9. Why did I just attend my first White Party on Sunday. It was sponsored by 5friends4life
at Club Fever? I was dressed in white from the neck down with a splash of blue in the belt and shoes. I had always thought that color themed parties were stupid, but I really had a good time. The Dj mixed music like he was born to do so and I danced until I was tired and sweaty. I even remarked to one person that "This is what a muthafucking party is like" and she gave me a high 5 right on the dance floor. And I only had 2 drinks *woohoooooo*
. I am supposed to attend another one on Pride Weekend
. I hope that I have as much fun.
10. Why have I adopted "fcuk that/them..." as my motto for the rest of the year? I'm sick of worrying about shit that I either have no control over or is hard to control. Fcuk them bills! Fckk those haters! Fcuk that job! Fcuk the bullshit! Fcuk it all! Thanks go to Mo'nique
for the inspiration